The Arizona Cardinals did not lose any of their coaching staff this offseason, but they have reported lost one important man from their front office. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have reportedly agreed to make Jason Licht their new general manager.
Licht was the Cardinals' VP of Player Personnel. He was a finalist last offseason to become the GM of the Chicago Bears.
Licht has been with the Arizona Cardinals for three seasons, serving as director of player personnel for the first two. He has spent time working with the New England Patriots, Philadelphia Eagles, Carolina Panthers and Miami Dolphins in the past, being exposed to a variety of successful front offices. He's been on the staff for four Super Bowl teams, and two Super Bowl winners. Interestingly, he's also worked as an offensive assistant coach with the Dolphins in 1996.
This is a loss to the team, as he and general manager Steve Keim made a good team dealing with player personnel.
Congratulations are in order to Licht, who has earned this new job and promotion. As Cardinals fan we wish him well, but not so much that the Bucs end up better than the Cards.
- Richard Sherman interview: Did it really change what you think of him?
- Senior Bowl 2014: Preview, top players and weigh-in results
- Pro Bowl 2014: Larry Fitzgerald to replace Demaryius Thomas on roster
- 2014 NFL Mock Draft: Arizona Cardinals projected to take Eric Ebron, Will Sutton with 1st 2 picks
- Arizona Cardinals have most impactful rookie class in league, says PFF