There has been a lot of distress among Arizona Cardinals fans, and for good reason. The team has lost two straight games and have looked listless in doing so. However, when you look at the NFC playoff picture, they are still in good shape.
Here are the playoff rankings in the NFC as of today.
1. Arizona Cardinals (9-3, 2-1 division, 7-2 conference)
2. Green Bay Packers (9-3, 4-1 division, 6-3 conference)
3. Philadelphia Eagles (9-3, 3-0 division, 5-3 conference)
4. Atlanta Falcons (5-7, 4-0 division, 5-4 conference)
5. Seattle Seahawks (8-4, 2-1 division, 6-2 conference)
6. Detroit Lions (8-4, 3-1 division, 6-2 conference)
In the mix:
Arizona still holds the top spot because of their record in the NFC, which is one game better than Green Bay. Arizona still holds a one-game lead over the Seahawks in the division, although Seattle holds a tiebreak over them currently because of their win over the Cardinals in Week 12.
Arizona: Kansas City, @St. Louis, Seattle, @San Francisco
If the Cardinals aren't careful, losing all four of these games wouldn't be out of the question. Two wins would basically lock up a playoff spot.
Green Bay: Atlanta, @Buffalo, @Tampa Bay, Detroit
They have the easiest schedule on paper and could viably win out.
Philadelphia: Seattle, Dallas, @Washington, @New York
All are very winnable games. Seattle will be the tough one and you never know with the Giants.
Seattle: @Philadelphia, San Francisco, @Arizona, St. Louis
The defending champs certainly have a tough schedule.