It has already been announced by the NFL and the Arizona Cardinals that Calais Campbell, Patrick Peterson and Justin Bethel were selected to the 2015 Pro Bowl.
Mark Dalton, VP of Media Relations for the the Arizona Cardinals, tweeted a series of facts related to the selection of the three Cardinals on the squad.
Here is a rundown of that information.
- This is the seventh straight season in which at least three Arizona Cardinals players were Pro Bowlers. It is the longest such streak for the team since there were seven straight seasons with at three Pro Bowlers from 1974-1980.
- Justin Bethel and Ron Wolfley (now the team's color commentator for their radio broadcasts) are the only Arizona Cardinals to make the Pro Bowl multiple times as special teamers.
- Patrick Peterson is just the fourth player in NFL history to be a four-time Pro Bowler before age 25. The other three? Jim Brown, Barry Sanders and Emmitt Smith.
- Calais Campbell, who was recently named the Arizona Cardinals Walter Payton Man of the Year, is one of three in team history to make the Pro Bowl and be the team's Man of the Year. The other two players were Larry Fitzgerald and Kurt Warner.
- Since 1970, just three Cardinals defensive ends have made the Pro Bowl. Simeon Rice did it in 1999, Bertrand Berry did in 2004 and now Calais Campbell has done so.
- Patrick Peterson and Hall of Famer Ollie Matson are the only two Arizona Cardinals players to make the Pro Bowl in each of his first four seasons.
- Born 24 days apart in 1990, Patrick Peterson and Justin Bethel are just 24 years old but have earned a combined six Pro Bowl selections.