The Arizona Cardinals officially have lost their first free agent, according to reports. The Washington Redskins have reportedly come to terms on a contract with free agent wide receiver Andre Roberts, who played four seasons with Arizona.
Roberts said last month that the Cardinals had not made him an offer to return and didn't think that there "are enough balls to go around here" with Larry Fitzgerald and Michael Floyd being the top two WR targets.
Roberts, drafted in the third round in 2010, caught 182 passes for 2123 yards and 11 touchdowns. He caught only 43 passes in 2013, as his role decreased as the season went on.
His deal with the Redskins is reportedly for four years and worth $16 million, with $8 million guaranteed.
The Cardinals will see Roberts in 2014, as they will host the Redskins this season.
What are your reactions to this? Will you miss Roberts? Obviously at that price, they weren't going to keep him. Will he work out in Washington?
- Arizona Cardinals 2014 free agency new and rumors
- NFL free agency: Jared Veldheer expected to sign contract with Arizona Cardinals
- Karlos Dansby to test free agent market after Arizona Cardinals offer, Titans could be in the mix
- Rashard Mendenhall explains his decision to retire from NFL
- Free Agency 2014: Containing the excitement for Arizona Cardinals fans