In a world of instant judgement and analysis, we must naturally grade the free agency period and determine winners and losers.
In the latest Daily Win with Matt Ufford, he gives his take on five winners and five losers in free agency.
He does not mention the Arizona Cardinals, despite their success so far.
He does mention the Denver Broncos, the Tampa Bay Bucs, the Dolphins for signing Branden Albert and defensive backs for getting paid.
Denver has picked up some very good players for a lot of money. You can definitely be seen as sane for going with that. But the Cardinals picked up a franchise left tackle and have addressed almost every single team need before the draft. Why don't they get a mention?
That would be because who notices the Cardinals outside of Arizona?
It was notable to see that the Raiders are one of the losers, being that they lose Veldheer, signed Rodger Saffold, "a lesser player for more money" and then lost him because of his failed physical.
Who are your winners and losers? Should Arizona be on the list?
- 2014 NFL mock draft: Mel Kiper projects Darqueze Dennard to Arizona Cardinals
- ROTB Roundtable: Karlos Dansby, Free Agent Moves, and O-line Predictions
- Arizona Cardinals free agency flurry puts spotlight on Carson Palmer
- NFL free agency: Karlos Dansby explains decision to leave to Cleveland Browns
- NFL free agency: Arizona Cardinals paying for versatility, speed in Ted Ginn