SB Nation's Dan Kadar gives several player options, but ultimately projects that pass rusher Dee Ford will go to Arizona in his latest mock, which considers the recent free agent signings for each team.
About Ford, he writes this:
Signing left tackle Jared Veldheer means the Cardinals don't have to reach for a left tackle with this pick. While the Cardinals finished sixth in the NFL in sacks last season, 11.5 came from aging linebacker John Abraham, whose sacks came in bunches. Abraham will be 36 at the start of next season and shouldn't be relied on as the long-term solution as a pass rusher. Ford can be. Ford has shown he can play with his hand down, but he's athletic enough to be a rush linebacker playing the edge.
Aside from Ford, Kadar suggests a couple of other possible players that are available -- quarterback Derek Carr, cornerback Darqueze Dennard and tackle Cyrus Kouandjio.
Ford would be a fanastic pick. Dennard would be very good. I'm not on board yet with Derek Carr. Kouandjio? The knee causes concern for me, but after the reports that he didn't actually fail any physical, and the fact that his knee issue hasn't caused him to lose playing time, he could be a wonderful anchor for the right side of the line.
The trend continues to be, at least for me, that there will be one of a number of very good players to choose from. That's a good situation to be in.
- Video: Ted Ginn highlights and touchdowns
- NFL free agency: Arizona Cardinals could have interest in LB Larry Foote
- NFL free agency grades and reactions: Looking at Arizona Cardinals and their moves [podcast]
- Twitter conversation between Patrick Peterson and Antonio Cormartie might not mean anything after all
- NFL free agency: Who are the winners and losers? Arizona Cardinals not mentioned