While the Arizona Cardinals didn't sign anyone on Tuesday, there was some movement and information around the team.
To start, the team still has some room with the salary cap. According to the NFLPA, with 67 players under contract (although the salary cap only counts the top 51), Arizona is a little over $8.1 million under the cap. They will get additional cap relief after June 1, when Daryn Colledge's contract is off the books, although the Cardinals will need about $4.2 million in cap space for their rookie pool.
The team brought in cornerback Mike Jenkins for a visit on Tuesday. The team's interest in Jenkins has been out there for a while. According to Mike Jurecki, defensive coordinator Todd Bowles likes his speed, versatility and skill set.
Arizona still only has four cornerbacks on their roster.
While that was happening, Javier Arenas agreed to terms with the Atlanta Falcons. The Cardinals had not shown interest in his returning.
According to Mike Garofolo,the Carolina Panthers have some interest in cornerback Antoine Cason, who played for the Cardinals in 2013. According to Kent Somers, the Cardinals have shown no interest in re-signing Cason.
- NFL free agency grades and reactions: Looking at Arizona Cardinals and their moves [podcast]
- 2014 NFL Mock Draft: Arizona Cardinals shore up pass rush, teams make run on QBs early
- NFL free agency: Eric Winston and the right tackle position for the Arizona Cardinals
- NFL free agency: Alfonso Smith not returning to Arizona Cardinals
- NFL mock draft 2014: Arizona Cardinals go Dee Ford with 20th pick, but could go QB, CB, OL