Cornerback isn't the biggest need for the Arizona Cardinals. It could be said that it is not a need at all, considering the personnel the team has.
However, with a general manager that believes in drafting the best player available, or rather, the guy they have graded the highest that is available, it is not out of the realm of possibility that a cornerback could be taken with the team's first round pick -- the 20th pick overall.
Darqueze Dennard out of Michagan State is a name that has come up in some mock drafts. The video above gives some of his strengths and even a red flag.
Dennard is not the fastest or the most athletic, but he has fantastic technique and is, in the words of Matt Ufford in the video, "a low-risk, high-reward player".
Is he a guy that the Cards should look at in the first round, even if he might find it hard to crack the rotation in 2014? After all, as the saying goes, "you can never have enough cornerbacks."
- NFL mock draft 2014: Arizona Cardinals trade down, pick up extra 2nd rounder
- 2014 NFL Draft: Anthony Barr scouting profile video
- 2014 NFL Draft: What if Aaron Donald is available at No. 20?
- 2014 NFL Draft: Who are the top 5 OLB?
- 2014 NFL mock draft: Johnny Manziel falls, lands with Arizona Cardinals