The Arizona Cardinals appear to be set at cornerback for 2014, as they have Pro Bowlers Patrick Peterson and Antonio Cormartie starting, Jerraud Powers playing in the slot, Tyrann Mathieu recovering from injury, Justin Bethel and Bryan McCann. However, it is never too early to look ahead to the future.
Arizona has already reportedly had TCU cornerback Jason Verrett in for a pre-draft visit. Verrett is project to go as high in the draft as the middle of the first round, which means he might not even be available when the Cardinals pick at number 20.
As you can see in the profile video, Verrett is short, but fast and aggressive with ball skills.
Could he be a player that Arizona considers with their first round selection? If available, how would you like him being added to the already strong defense. He could battle Jerraud Powers for playing time in the slot and could battle for a starting job after the season once Cromartie's contract is up.
How would you feel if he were made the team's first round selection?
- 2014 NFL mock draft: Trades galore for Arizona Cardinals in full mocks
- General manager Steve Keim explains draft process for Arizona Cardinals
- 2014 NFL Draft: Steve Keim not necessarily to draft a QB every year
- Ryan Williams ready to compete, says he is running better than before injuries
- Arizona Cardinals OC gives specific praise for RG possibilities, cliches for RT possibilities