The Arizona Cardinals have said that this offseason one of their goals is to get longer and better at the safety position, especially to cover tight ends, which was a big issue in 2013. Some expect the team to draft a safety in the first round.
As such, it wouldn't be a bad idea to look at some of the top prospects, which is what Matt Ufford and Dan Rubenstein of SB Nation Studios do in their latest draft video.
They rank the top five prospects as:
1. Calvin Pryor, Louisville
2. Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix, Alabama
3. Jimme Ward, Northern Illinois
4. LaMarcus Joyner, Florida State
5. Deone Bucannon, Washington State
They compared Pryor to Earl Thomas and Troy Polamalu and Bucannon to Kam Chancellor. Clinton-Dix is an interesting prospect because, as I have heard other people say, his scouting report sounds a lot like Rashad Johnson's when came out of Alabama. He was not a first round talent and has not been a star. He is, though, a very solid player that will help you win. He is just not very flashy.
'If you had to pick any of the five, who would it be? Would you take all five in the first round, or would you rather see them take a guy like Joyner or Bucannon in the second, although Bucannon has been mocked to the Cards a couple times recently in the first round?
- 2014 NFL Draft: Zach Mettenberger scouting report and fit with Arizona Cardinals
- 2014 NFL mock draft: Arizona Cardinals add to devastating secondary, reach for a QB
- Andre Ellington among worst RBs at dropping passes
- Steve Keim: John Carlson a better fit at TE for Arizona Cardinals than Jimmy Graham
- Arizona Cardinals free agency work ranked 5th in NFL