While the Arizona Cardinals probably are not looking to draft one of the top five running backs in the NFL Draft, they have been looking at a couple. They have reportedly taken a look at Terrance West from Towson and Georgia Southern's Jerick McKinnon.
Nonetheless, what if one of these top backs landed in the Cardinals' laps come one of the later rounds?
Matt Ufford and Dan Rubenstein rank them as such:
1. Carlos Hyde, Ohio State (who sounds an awful like Beanie Wells, without the durability concerns)
2. Bishop Sankey, Washington
3. Tre Mason, Auburn
4. Ka'Deem Carey, Arizona (he was an absolute monster, but I share concerns about his college workload -- 50 carries in a game?)
5. Andre Williams, Boston College (he'd be great for at least a couple of years)
How would you like to see any of these guys in Cardinal red? They could replace Jonathan Dwyer and be used to split carries with Andre Ellington. These guys all would likely be better running prospects than Stepfan Taylor, even though Taylor is also excellent in blitz protection.
Ignoring other draft needs, would you like to see one of these prospects in Arizona?
- 'Make-or-break' for both Massie and Watford?
- Arizona Cardinals one of least popular teams in NFL
- Bobby Massie, Bradley Sowell to battle for starting right tackle job
- Does trading for Morris Claiborne make sense for the Arizona Cardinals?
- Kurt Warner and his greater 'allegiance' to Arizona isn't really all that surprising