A big question mark heading into the 2014 season the recovery and return of Tyrann Mathieu, who suffered a gruesome knee injury late in the season in 2013. His recovery has been good so far and, according to Mathieu himself, has taken another step.
Wednesday evening he tweeted this:
While he did not say exactly what news he got, based on what he said in his most recent "Tenacious" video on the Cardinals team page, it probably means that he is now going to be able to start running.
In the last video, he said he was a couple of weeks away from being able to run. Here we are about two weeks later and he has news about his knee. It would be safe to think that he will be able to do running and advanced lifting exercises.
He continues to keep his mind set on Week 1 of the regular season. He plans to be on the field playing against the San Diego Chargers on Monday Night Football.
How excited are you to get the Honey Badger back on the field?
- Arizona Cardinals a possible match for Mike Glennon
- 2014 NFL Draft: Who are the top inside linebackers?
- 2014 NFL mock draft: Teddy Bridgewater 'feels right' for Arizona Cardinals
- 2014 NFL predictions: How will the Arizona Cardinals fare in the season's 4 quarters?
- Michael Bidwill talks draft party, NFL Draft, Pro Bowl and Super Bowl, Steve Keim, schedule