For the second straight year, Arizona Cardinals inside linebacker Daryl Washington is considered one of the top 100 players in the NFL, an honor that is voted on by the players themselves. After being ranked 94th in 2013, he is 96th on the list this year.
However, there is something interesting about the recognition. In the accompanying video feature, it is made to appear that he is not well known throughout the league.
While Washington is not considered a star in the league, it isn't as if he is anonymous. After all, he has made the Pro Bowl in consecutive seasons.
Teammate Calais Campbell calls him the best linebacker on the field, and other players praise him for his ability to do many different things. An interesting tidbit is what Adrian Wilson says about him. Washington doesn't read plays. He is just fast enough to get in the backfield. Imagine how it will be once he is able to read plays the way Karlos Dansby could.
Does Washington deserve to be higher on the list? Campbell calls him "the most dynamic linebacker in the game."
- 2014 NFL Draft: Who are the Arizona Cardinals picks and what will be their expected roles?
- Logan Thomas is QB of the future...maybe
- Drew Stanton will continue to be No. 2 QB for Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals undrafted free agent signings begin
- Way too early prediction at the Cardinals 53-man roster