Arizona Cardinals linebacker Daryl Washington has been suspended for at least the duration of the 2014 season, and it could be more. The team issued a statement, and now Washington himself has done the same.
"I recenty learned that I had violations of the NFL Substances of Abuse policy related to marijuana. The Policy is very strict, and I have chosen to take responsibility. I am committed to making changes in my life that will allow me to return to the NFL as soon as possible. I will work extremely hard to stay in top football shape, and will work equally hard to ensure that my life off the field meets the high level of maturity and responsibility to whcih I am committed. I sincerely apologize to Cardinals fans for the time I will miss. I will work diligently during this suspension and will return as a better man and football player."
He obviously had help putting that statement together, but do you believe him? Will it matter?
- Rob Housler, Andre Ellington, offensive line, rookies and Arizona Cardinals OTAs on ROTB Radio
- Daryl Washington suspension is because of NFL substance abuse policy, not domestic case
- Daryl Washington reportedly to be suspended for all of 2014
- Arizona Cardinals OTAs: Justin Bethel growing in confidence defensively
- Why the Arizona Cardinals will win 12 games this year