While it is not expected that the Arizona Cardinals take a quarterback in this year's NFL Draft, at least in the first round, they might be in the mix in Day 2 or Day 3. It is still worth a look at who the top QBs are and whether they would fit with the Cardinals.
SB Nation Studios' Matt Ufford and Dan Rubenstein give their top 5 at the position.
How do they rank?
1. Teddy Bridgewater
2. Johnny Manziel
3. Blake Bortles
4. Derek Carr
5. A.J. McCarron
The makeup of the top four is no surprise. They have been the consensus top four pretty much the entire draft process. The order is what has changed from time to time. Interestingly enough, Bridgewater might be the one guy on the list available at number 20 for the Cards to take, should they be looking at QB that early.
Where it gets interesting is at that number five slot. Rubenstein went with McCarron, who could be a target of the Cardinals. He is ahead of LSU's Zach Mettenberger, who has some drug questions now with the diluted test, and ahead of names like Tom Savage and Jimmy Garappolo, who have been trendy guys to talk about lately.
Do you agree with the QB rankings? Who is your number one? Who would be your number five? Which is most likely to end up on the Cardinals?
Discuss it in the comment section.
- Eric LeGrand talks recovery, graduation and the 2014 NFL Draft
- Seth's Favorite 2014 NFL Draft prospects
- 2014 NFL mock draft grades: Arizona Cardinals get B, B+ for picks of Ealy, Bucannon
- 2014 NFL Draft: Mike Mayock says Ryan Shazier not a fit Arizona Cardinals
- 2014 NFL mock draft: Reviewing the results for Arizona Cardinals