The Arizona Cardinals drafted Washington State safety Deone Bucannon on Thursday with their first round selection, It was the 27th overall pick in the draft, as they traded down from the 20th spot. The swapped first round picks with the New Orleans Saints and acquired New Orleans' third round pick -- the 91st overall pick.
The selection of Bucannon marks just the second time in team history the Cardinals have taken a safety in the first round. Prior to this year, the only other time came in 1978 when the team selected Ken Greene with the 19th overall pick out of, coincidentally, Washington State. Bucannon and Greene are the only two Washington State players ever taken in the first round by the Cardinals.
Traded for Player(s) 3 1995, 1992, 1977
Supplemental Draft 1 Used 1990 first-round pick in 1989 Supplemental Draft (Timm Rosenbach)
3b (via NO) 27th 91st
- 2014 NFL Draft grades: What do you give the Arizona Cardinals Day 1?
- 2014 NFL Draft results: Arizona Cardinals land S Deone Bucannon with 27th pick
- 2014 NFL Draft results: Arizona Cardinals players react to Deone Bucannon selection
- 2014 NFL Draft: Google Hangouts with prospects Derek Carr, Cody Latimer, Brandin Cooks
- Arizona Cardinals 2014 Draft: Immediate vs Future Need