Tuesday evening, the Arizona Cardinals announced that they will hold a press conference on Wednesday at 1 PM Arizona time. Team president Michael Bidwill and former quarterback Kurt Warner will participate.
That was not announced.
Speculation is that the franchise will add Warner to the Ring of Honor.
That makes sense, based on the other options. One possibility is an announcement that the team is hiring Warner to some position, but that seems less likely because Warner already has a cushy job that pays him very well with NFL Network.
Could he have his number retired? That seems less likely because he has not died. For the numbers that have been retired, most involve tragedy.
It has been four years since his retirement from the NFL and five since he led the team to the Super Bowl.
If it is being added to the Ring of Honor, then the only thing left is to speculate when it will occur. It could be on Monday Night Football in Week 1. That would give the team the national stage to do it.
Another week that would make sense is Week 10, when Arizona hosts the St. Louis Rams on November 9. He made a name for himself, won a Super Bowl and multiple MVP awards while playing for the Rams.
Any thoughts? Are you excited for this announcement?
- Undrafted Anthony Steen shaking rust off, has long road to make team
- Arizona Cardinals eyeing return for Mathieu, Ta'amu around the bye week
- Countdown to kickoff: 85 days left, what Cardinals have worn No. 85?
- Tight end room much improved for Arizona Cardinals, but not everyone is where they should be
- Arizona Cardinals close mini-camp, see situational improvement, intensity in practices