The NFL rookie symposium will start on Sunday and, one year after having been one of the rookies listening to the advice of the those who presented, Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu is going to be one of the presenters, as he announced on his Twitter account.
What is amazing is to consider how far Mathieu has come. He was kicked off the team in college and was considered a huge risk when the Cardinals drafted him in the third round.
Now, in an offseason in which a Cardinals player was suspended for the season for violating the league's substance abuse program, Mathieu is going strong and now will represent the league and be the one giving advice to young players who have made it to the NFL, which has the best football and a lot of money and fame.
Not only did Mathieu keep clean, he also became one of the team's most important defensive players.
Now he gets to talk to rookies about what it means to be in the NFL.
- Kurt Warner in the Ring of Honor and Arizona Cardinals mini-camp talk on Revenge of the Bird Radio
- Arizona Cardinals Ring of Honor: Who should go in next and who deserves to get in?
- Kurt Warner's Ring of Honor entry is... sadly the right call
- Kurt Warner reacts to joining the Arizona Cardinals Ring of Honor
- Countdown to kickoff: 81 days to go, which Cardinals have worn No. 81?