If there is anything that Arizona Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians likes it say, it is how the offseason work -- OTAs and minicamp -- is not really football. Arians frequently calls it playing soccer because the players aren't wearing pads.
So, as you can imagine, it is hard to get a real gauge of how things are really going,
Nonetheless, the Cardinals were considered one of the losers of mini-camp, according to Greg Rosenthal.
The Cardinals lost Daryl Washington to a year-long suspension, and it sounds like he may never play for the team again. Arizona has enough defensive talent to overcome Washington's (absence)[Quote Here], but their route to a Super Bowl goes through a top-five defense. That will be tougher now.
Now...does that make them one of the league's losers in mini-camp? From a straught personnel point of view, yes. They lost a Pro Bowl player for the season. That is not going to be easy to overcome.
While it is early, is that a fair assessment of the offseason?
- Kurt Warner in the Ring of Honor and Arizona Cardinals mini-camp talk on Revenge of the Bird Radio
- Tyrann Mathieu speaking to NFL rookies on Sunday
- Carson Palmer by the numbers: Passing numbers by down and distance
- Julio Jones would take Patrick Peterson over Richard Sherman
- Antonio Cromartie believes he, Darrelle Revis are best cornerbacks in the NFL