Arizona Cardinals cornerback Antonio Cromartie is 30 years old. People have said he has lost a step. Speed was one if his great traits coming into the league. Last season he struggled some and suffered from a hip flexor injury much of the year.
He looked healthy in offseason workouts and posted a video on Instagram to show just how well he is doing.
He posted it to spite those who feel he has lost some speed.
Now, he claims he ran a 4.34 and a 4.36. In this particular video, I clocked it at 4.50, but I couldn't tell exactly where his finish line was.
I wasn't the only one to clock it that way. Shaun Church also did, but Cromartie made sure to correct it. He tweeted this:
@NFLChurch I haven't ran 4.5 since 9th grade. Lol.— ANTONIO CROMARTIE (@CRO31) June 28, 2014
This should be excellent news to Cardinals fans. Of course, Bruce Arians did bring on a speed coach in Roger Kingdom, so hopefully we can see some improvement in explosiveness across the board from players.
But in the case of Cromartie, who is on a one-year deal, if he can stay healthy and continue to play with that elite speed, that will be great for him and for the Cardinals as a team.
- Troy Niklas should be the tight end the Arizona Cardinals have been waiting for
- Arizona Cardinals think rookie WR John Brown will be 'special player'
- Larry Fitzgerald nude poses to be part of ESPN the Magazine's 'The Body Issue'
- Kevin Minter not quite ready 'just yet' for leadership role, says John Abraham
- Arizona Cardinals offensive line considered 'wild cards'