After a month-long hiatus, it was time to bring Revenge of the Birds Radio back. After all, training camp starts this week.
So Seth Cox and I talked training camp, what we are excited about, what we are concerned about and then position battles.
So as you listen to the show, let me ask you the same questions:
1. What are you most excited to see in training camp and the preseason? I am excited to see the offense and Seth wants to see the defense.
2. What are you most concerned about? I mention injuries -- especially since the team has lost a starter for the season in the preseason the past three years. Seth mentions many things.
3. What two position battles are you most intrigued by? Seth goes with the battles at right guard and right tackle, while I go with WR3 and SS.
We go through each of the position battles. You can give us your projected winner for each:
RT: Bobby Massie or Bradley Sowell -- Seth and I agree.
RG: Paul Fanaika and Earl Watford -- Seth and I agree, but probably not on the player you would think.
RB2: Jonathan Dwyer and Stepfan Taylor -- Seth and I pick different players.
WR3: Ted Ginn and John Brown -- Seth and I agree
ILB: Larry Foote, Lorenzo Alexander and Ernie Sims -- Seth and I agree
OLB: Matt Shaughnessy, Sam Acho and Alex Okafor -- Seth and I agree, but then we hit technical difficulties
My Internet kicked out so the show stream was lost after that. I record a summary after that to discuss the kicker battle and our picks for surprise cuts and surprise roster makes.
Have a listen. Tell us what you think. Use the player above, the direct download or this player here:
- 2014 NFL training camp: Arizona Cardinals have plenty of questions at linebacker
- 2014 NFL countdown: 48 days left and a look at the Cardinals history of No. 48
- Arizona Cardinals news 7/22: Palmer and NFC West, Palmer and QB rankings
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: Lorenzo Alexander doesn't need to be a starter
- 2014 NFL countdown: 49 days left and a look at the Cardinals history of No. 49