It has been speculated by many that the Arizona Cardinals would give rookie quarterback Logan Thomas a ton of playing time in the preseason.
It might not actually be the case. It sounds like he will get a regular preseason load, based on what head coach Bruce Arians said on Friday.
"That has yet to be determined," he said when asked about how much Thomas will get on the field. "I hope that he'll get the majority of the last game. He probably won't play in the third one because that's the one we play the veterans the longest. And we'll just see the first two how it goes. You never know how many snaps you're going to get in that first half. So, we'll judge that as we go and we'll try to keep his reps as high as possible."
So while "a ton of playing time" might not be the right phrase, it will be "as much as possible."
But it certainly sounds like Carson Palmer isn't going to get any less reps. He just isn't going to get any extra this preseason. He will get some.
How much were you expecting to see Thomas out there in the preseason?
- Arizona Cardinals run test images, video and quick thoughts
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: Steve Keim excited about roster improvements
- 2014 NFL training camp: Arizona Cardinals sign WR Reggie Dunn
- Ray Rice suspension: RB gets off light and that might hurt Daryl Washington
- Steve Keim comments about several Arizona Cardinals players entering camp