The Arizona Cardinals had their first morning walkthrough on Saturday, after which the media talked to Bruce Arians and players in the locker room.
Here are some of the things that were mentioned, before we go in depth with the audio and quotes.
- Bruce Arians said the team is really healthy. The only injuries are the two guys on PUP (Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu).
- Training camp is more mental than physical these days and they want to focus on, among other things, eliminating some penalties that showed up in the spring.
- Rookies are never ready for training camp, at least when the pads come out.
- Arians likes the versatility and the old school style of offensive lineman Ted Larsen.
- The ability of the running backs to catch the ball this season makes it that they can be primary targets as opposed to dump off targets only.
- Bobby Massie said that the starting right tackle position is his to lose.
- Dan Williams is ready to shoulder the full load at nose tackle while Ta'amu is out.
- Ta'amu is targeting the Week 3 game vs. San Francisco for his return.
- Carson Palmer said that the current roster is the most talented he has been on.
- Palmer and Arians traded texts frequently over the offseason.
- The offense might feature a little more no huddle this year.
- Arians has no problem with keeping a rookie as his kicker, if that is how it turns out.
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: Andre Ellington the leader and 'bell cow'
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: Logan Thomas' preseason playing time 'yet to be determined'
- NFL predictions: Philadelphia columnist picks Arizona Cardinals to win Super Bowl
- Arizona Cardinals run test images, video and quick thoughts
- 2014 NFL training camp: Steve Keim comments about several Arizona Cardinals players entering camp