44 days left until the season starts for the Arizona Cardinals. 44 days that remain...
Who has worn No. 44?
Right now it belongs to linebacker Keenan Clayton, signed as a free agent this offseason.
In 2011, at least briefly, it was worn by tight end Steve Skelton, the younger brother of quarterback John Skelton. Before switching to 34, running back Ryan Williams also wore 44.
FB Jarrod Baxter wore it in 2005, playing in eight games that year.
Safety Michael Stone, drafted in the second round of 2001, wore it from 2001-2004. He was a disappointment, never managing to become a starter in three seasons.
Before Stone, it was cornerback J.J. McCleskey, who wore it from 1997-99.
D.J. Johnson, a cornerback, wore it for seven games in 1996.
Tight end Terry Samuels wore 44 in 1995.
1989 -- RB Tony Baker
1988 -- CB Michael Brim
1982-86 -- CB Wayne Smith
1980-82 -- CB Tim Collier
1978 -- CB Rolly Woolsey
1972-74 -- RB Donny Anderson
1969-71 -- WR John Gilliam
1958-64 -- HB/TE/FB John David Crow
1955-57 -- HB Dave Mann
1954 -- FB/HB Paul Barry
1952 -- HB Johnny Karras
1951 -- QB Joe Gasparella
1950 -- HB/DB Mike Swistowicz
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: Andre Ellington the leader and 'bell cow'
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: Logan Thomas' preseason playing time 'yet to be determined'
- NFL predictions: Philadelphia columnist picks Arizona Cardinals to win Super Bowl
- Arizona Cardinals run test images, video and quick thoughts
- 2014 NFL training camp: Steve Keim comments about several Arizona Cardinals players entering camp