It's still a little early, but in this video, ESPN reporter Josh Weinfuss comments on the difficulty of making final decisions on an NFL roster.
He notes that, for the Cardinals, the first 43-44 players are pretty easy. It is the final 7-9 spots that are trouble. He mentions Nate Potter, Teddy Williams and Marcus Benard as tough guys to keep or cut. They have value either because of versatility or because of special teams, but they likely won't see time on the field on offense or defense.
We know that there will be bubble players. What are your projected bubble players that will make the roster at this point? Do you think it is as difficult as Weinfuss says at making a decision about only 53?
- Tyrann Mathieu 'real close to getting back to football activities'
- NFL Top 100: CBS Sports put Patrick Peterson in Top 10, ahead of Richard Sherman
- Patrick Peterson spurns teammates, calls Roddy White, Julio Jones best WR tandem in the NFL
- Carson Palmer stats: Breaking down his numbers by type of dropback
- NFL quarterback rankings: Carson Palmer considered third tier, ranked 21