The Arizona Cardinals, who had an empty roster spot after the transactions from Friday morning, added their 90th player to the roster, signing undrafted rookie linebacker Derrell Johnson, who went to college at East Carolina.
Johnson (6-2, 250) is a rookie free agent who played collegiately at East Carolina where he led the Pirates with a career-high 80 tackles, eight sacks, and 14 tackles for loss while starting all 13 games as a senior in 2013. A four-year starter, Johnson was a two-time All-Conference USA performer who finished his collegiate career with 221 tackles, 19 sacks and 35 tackles for loss in 50 games (49 starts). He was signed by the Miami Dolphins on May 12, but was released on July 29.
Johnson will wear jersey #49.
- Arizona Cardinals cut K Hrapmann, T Brandon, sign OT Max Starks
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: TE Darren Fells gets praise from Bruce Arians
- Patrick Peterson glad to be paid, wants to win, 'can redefine the position'
- Is Bruce Arians already adapting his offense?
- 2014 NFL training camp: Arizona Cardinals 'really won't have' a second and third string RB