The Arizona Cardinals released a statement from linebacker John Abraham, who has thus far been absent from training camp. He was arrested a little over a month ago in Georgia for DUI.
Here is what he said, as shared by Adam Green from Arizona Sports.
"First, I want to apologize to my family and friends, the Cardinals organization, my teammates and the fans for letting them down. I understand the significance of my actions and right now I am taking the necessary steps to handle my personal business. I am very thankful for the support from my family, friends and especially the Cardinals organization during this time in my life. I am looking forward to being back with my teammates in the near future."
It would sound like he checked himself into some treatment facility and that is why he is absent, which would also explain why he has the blessing of head coach Bruce Arians.
Arians said on Friday that Abraham will return "soon" and defined that as in five or six days.
- Arizona Cardinals cut K Hrapmann, T Brandon, sign OT Max Starks
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: TE Darren Fells gets praise from Bruce Arians
- Patrick Peterson glad to be paid, wants to win, 'can redefine the position'
- Is Bruce Arians already adapting his offense?
- 2014 NFL training camp: Arizona Cardinals 'really won't have' a second and third string RB