The Arizona Cardinals take on the Minnesota Vikings on Saturday night in their second preseason game. As the preseason goes, coaches have different approaches to playing time.
Arizona head coach Bruce Arians wants to see his starters play well and get them out of the game so young players can get some game tape.
It will be a little different for the Vikings, who have a new staff and offensive system. For that reason, and also because of the competition for the starting job, Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer said that quarterback Matt Cassel will not only start, but could play the entire first half of Saturday's game.
Running back Adrian Peterson, though, will not play at all.
Zimmer also said that cornerback Josh Robinson is doubtful for the game because of a tight hamstring.
For the Cardinals, receivers Michael Floyd and Ted Ginn will travel, but will be "game time decisions" to play. Guard Jonathan Cooper looks like will miss the game with a sore toe.
- ROTB Radio reviews and (over)reacts to Arizona Cardinals win over Texans
- Tyrann Mathieu coming off PUP 'soon' and other injury updates
- NFL preseason review: Looking at Logan Thomas' first game film with the Cardinals
- NFL preseason review: Anatomy of a Carson Palmer to Larry Fitzgerald touchdown pass
- It's one preseason game, put down the Kool-Aid