Things never go as planned and today was a shining example of that as veteran Cardinals defenisve lineman Darnell Dockett was carted off the practice field after suffering a lower leg (knee/ankle) injury according to those in attendance.
The injury diagnosis is not yet known, but any time a player is unable to leave under their own power, especially when they are carted off, the worst is always assumed.
Veteran Frostee Rucker and fifth round rookie Ed Stinson were running with the first team as Dockett's replacements.
The team announced that Dockett suffered a torn ACL that will require surgery and will end his 2014 season before it even starts.
Veteran Frostee Rucker will now step in as the starter.
- Who was the Arizona Cardinals player of the game vs. the Minnesota Vikings?
- Cardinals vs. Vikings results: Whose stock rose, whose stock fell with their performance in Minnesota?
- 5 Positives, 5 Negatives from the agonisingly late defeat to the Vikings in pre-season Week 2
- Cardinals vs. Vikings results: Teddy Bridgewater comeback is actually better than weird TD for win
- Cardinals vs. Vikings final score: Teddy Bridgewater shines, leads two comeback drives for 30-28 win over AZ