Typically, in a third preseason game, teams will play their starters more, even up to three quarters.
That will not be the case for Arizona, according to head coach Bruce Arians (via Arizona Sports).
"We discussed it this morning," Arians said in his Monday media session. "We're looking at no more than a half."
Arians mentioned playing three quarters some time ago, so this is a little bit of a change in plans. Originally, it sounded like the starters would go three quarters and the backups one quarter, leaving a third quarterback out of the mix.
However, with this announcement, we might see either Logan Thomas or Ryan Lindley late in the game. However, Arians did say any plans for a third quarterback on Sunday "has not been determined."
- Darnell Dockett injury: Cardinals DT to miss the season with torn ACL
- 2014 NFL countdown: 21 days remaining and the history of No. 21
- Offensive and defensive snap counts for Arizona Cardinals vs. Minnesota Vikings
- What was the Arizona Cardinals play of the game in loss to the Minnesota Vikings?
- How much impact will Jaron Brown have in 2014?