So far in the preseason, the Arizona Cardinals have given both competing kickers -- veteran Jay Feely and rookie Chandler Catanzaro -- one game to themselves. Catanzaro had kicking duties in the preseason opener against the Houston Texans and Feely kicked against the Minnesota Vikings.
This weekend, against the Cincinnati Bengals, they both will kick.
According to Bruce Arians, Feely will kick in the first half with the starters and Catanzaro will go the second half.
Catanzaro had a perfect night against Houston kicking inside. He didn't miss a kick and his kickoffs all went well into or out of the end zone.
Against Minnesota, Feely only had extra points and did do better with kickoffs, but the coverage team was bad and there were a couple of offsides penalties on the kickoff team, which is likely due, at least in part, to the longer approach Feely is taking to kick the ball off.
All indications are that the competition between the two kickers is still close.
ESPN's Josh Weinfuss noted Feely was 5/5 on field goals and Catanzaro was 2/5 in the kicking period on Wednesday.
- Arizona Cardinals: ROTB Radio talks Darnell Dockett injury, Jonathan Cooper and more
- Arizona Cardinals sign DLs Isaac Sopoaga, Ryan McBean
- NFL expands practice squad to 10 players, which Arizona Cardinals players are now eligible?
- Tyrann Mathieu, Alameda Ta'amu actived from PUP by Arizona Cardinals
- Darnell Dockett injury: Arizona Cardinals defense can weather on-field loss of veteran DT