The Arizona Cardinals are set to play their third preseason game against the Cincinnati Bengals and it will look more like a regular football game than others, as is the custom for the third preseason game.
Head coach Bruce Arians addressed the playing time plan for his quarterbacks. He had previously said that the starters won't play more than one half.
According to Kent Somers, Arians will use three quarterbacks. Carson Palmer will start and play no more than one half. Drew Stanton will play next, through the fourth quarter and then Logan Thomas will finish it off. Yes, that means that Ryan Lindley is done. I expect him to be among the first round of cuts after the weekend.
In terms of player availability for the game, linebacker Kevin Minter and guard Jonathan Cooper will be gametime decisions. Tackle Max Starks perhaps will be able to play. Linebacker John Abraham might get some playing time.
It is unlikely that Tyrann Mathieu or Alameda Ta'amu will play. Everyone else should be good to go. That means we will see Michael Floyd, who recently returned to practice after being out for a bit with a groin injury.
- Cardinals vs. Bengals preview: Andy Dalton a 'lightning rod,' Vontaze Burfict deserving of new deal
- Arizona Cardinals 53-man roster projections before 3rd preseason game
- Bruce Arians says Arizona Cardinals defense 'better' than 2013 unit 'even without Darnell'
- Tyrann Mathieu has eyes on Pro Bowl, Comeback Player and Defensive Player of the Year
- Can Arizona Cardinals crack 400-point mark in 2014?