The Arizona Cardinals have to play their final preseason game on Thursday evening, just four days after they played on Sunday. Head coach Bruce Arians met with the media on Monday and spoke about some of the players coming back and those who need to play in the season opener on September 8.
Safety Tyrann Mathieu, who has been eyeing a Week 1 return after his awful knee injury last December, might see time on Monday. If he is going to play in Week 1, Arians said Mathieu "won't play Monday night unless he plays this week."
Arians said that none of his starters will play. That sounds like he does not expect Mathieu to play.
There were no new injuries to report, other than "just the normal bumps and bruises" that come from playing football.
Kevin Minter was cleared to practice, but Jonathan Cooper is still limited with his turf toe. Minter expects to play on Thursday (there's another starter that might end up on the field). Arians doesn't want Cooper's toe injury to continue to linger.
At quarterback, there will be only one to play. Logan Thomas will play the whole game.
- Cardinals vs. Bengals: Preseason game three needs to be its best for Arizona
- Cardinals vs. Bengals game info: History, stats and connections
- 2014 Fantasy Football: Should you draft Michael Floyd over Larry Fitzgerald?
- Cardinals vs. Bengals game info: TV listings, playing time, injuries, online streaming and more
- Arizona Cardinals news 8/24: Gameday previews and Saturday game wrap-ups