As we approach the preseason finale on Thursday, we know that starters are not expected to play. But some starters will. They just happen to be ones recovering from injuries.
Arizona Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians spoke to the media on Tuesday and updated the injury and playing time status.
Starting inside linebacker Kevin Minter "is ready to play."
Nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu and guard Jonathan Cooper "look like" they will play.
Safety Tyrann Mathieu will be a game-time decision and whether he plays will be "mostly up to him."
In each case, none of these guys is expected to get more than 20-25 snaps.
How much do you want to see these guys play? Minter needs the work, only having gotten a few preseason game reps. Cooper is in the same boat, although it appears that he might have lost the starting job to Ted Larsen even if he is healthy.
If Ta'amu does play, maybe he will play in Week 1, which I thought previously was not going to happen.
- Cardinals vs. Bengals: Preseason game three needs to be its best for Arizona
- Cardinals vs. Bengals game info: History, stats and connections
- 2014 Fantasy Football: Should you draft Michael Floyd over Larry Fitzgerald?
- Cardinals vs. Bengals game info: TV listings, playing time, injuries, online streaming and more
- Arizona Cardinals news 8/24: Gameday previews and Saturday game wrap-ups