I missed a day...whoops. I was swamped with stuff at Fan Fest.
We missed the number 37.
Larry Centers wore it. Yeremiah Bell wore it. Safety Ken Greene wore it 1978-82.Pat Fischer wore and picked off 10 passes in 1964. Those are the highlights of the number.
Today is number 36.
Rookie first round safety Deone Bucannon wears it. We'll see what he becomes. Right now his role is as a dime linebacker.
Before Bucannon was a fan favorite -- running back LaRod Stephens-Howling. Drafted in the seventh round in 2009, he played in Arizona through 2012. He was a kick returner and playmaker out of the backfield and one of the most exciting players the team had.
Diamond Ferri wore it for three games in 2006.
Safety David Barrett wore it from 2000-03. He was a fourth round pick that started 39 games for Arizona and picked off six passes.
In 1996 it was running back Ryan Christopherson.
From 1986-90, it was Vai Sikahema, a local guy who grew up in Mesa, went to Mesa High and was a Pro Bowl returner his first two years in the league.
Linebacker Jeff Paine wore it 1987.
1984-85 -- RB Perry Harrington
1979-80 -- RB Rod Phillips
1974-77 -- DB Ken Reaves
1972 -- RB Cannonball Butler (cool name)
1968-71 -- RB Macarthur Lane
1963-67 -- FB Bill Thornton
1960-61 -- FB Frank Mestnik
1954-57 -- FB/RB Johnny Olszewski
1951-52 -- FB Ralph Pasqueriello
Do you remember any of them?
- Arizona Cardinals cut K Hrapmann, T Brandon, sign OT Max Starks
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: TE Darren Fells gets praise from Bruce Arians
- Patrick Peterson glad to be paid, wants to win, 'can redefine the position'
- Is Bruce Arians already adapting his offense?
- 2014 NFL training camp: Arizona Cardinals 'really won't have' a second and third string RB