The Arizona Cardinals lost a trio of offensive players for practice on Tuesday. Bruce Arians announced prior to practice that guard Jonathan Cooper, tackle Nate Potter and tight end Jake Ballard would all sit out Tuesday's practice, but should be ready to go on Wednesday.
That meant that Earl Watford got all the first team rep, while Rob Housler would see reps with John Carlson.
Missing practice really is not what Cooper needs, as his recovery from last year's broken leg has not gone as as hoped.
But two players that have gotten some press recently -- Watford and tight end Darren Fells -- will get some more reps to see if they can move up the depth chart.
Will they take advantage? And will it matter much when there are still games to be played?
- Highlights from Aeneas Williams' Pro Football Hall of Fame speech
- 2014 NFL training camp: Arizona Cardinals claim Trevardo Williams off waivers
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: Observations from Fan Fest
- Drew Stanton, 'the perfect guy' as No. 2 QB, still has 'goal to be a starting quarterback'
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: Why Max Starks was signed