The Arizona Cardinal made a somewhat surprising roster move on Friday. Just a week after claiming linebacker Trevardo Williams off waivers, the team released him.
The roster now is at 87 players. They could add as many as three players to the roster, but head coach Bruce Arians indicated they are in no hurry to add anyone as they "already have too many" players to watch and give reps in practice and in preseason games.
- Highlights from Aeneas Williams' Pro Football Hall of Fame speech
- Arizona Cardinals news 8/3: Hall of Fame Cardinal and Fan Fest
- 2014 NFL training camp: Arizona Cardinals claim Trevardo Williams off waivers
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: Observations from Fan Fest
- Drew Stanton, 'the perfect guy' as No. 2 QB, still has 'goal to be a starting quarterback'