We know that safety Tyrann Mathieu and nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu will be unable to play, as they both are on the PUP (physically unable to perform) list. Center Lyle Sendlein is also out with a calf injury, which is expected to sideline him for another couple of weeks.
In addition, linebacker John Abraham has not yet joined the team. He obviously will not play.
The two players that will not play as well are receivers Michael Floyd and Ted Ginn. According to Darren Urban, Floyd has a groin injury and Ginn has a sore knee. They are sitting out like as a precautionary move.
This actually will give some younger players plenty of reps, and for players like John Brown, Jaron Brown, Brittan Golden and maybe even Walt Powell, it will might mean a few snaps with Carson Palmer and the starters.
- Texans vs. Cardinals: What is the playing time plan for Arizona?
- Cardinals vs. Texans preview: Stats, matchup history and connections
- Cardinals vs. Texans preseason game info: TV listings, online stream, parking, ticket info and more
- What can we learn about the Cardinals defense on Saturday?
- Texans vs. Cardinals preseason Week 1 podcast preview with Battle Red Blog