The Arizona Cardinals held their morning walk-through on Sunday and then reporters spoke to head coach Bruce Arians and some of the players. Here are some of what we learned:
- We got an injury update, which has already been discussed here. Sean Weatherspoon, Shaq Riddick and Darryl Sharpton will miss Sunday's practice.
- There is no timetable for taking tight end Jermaine Gresham off PUP. It will be up to him. Arians said it will be a lot like when John Abraham came in 2013 and was out of football shape.
- He said the improvements in the kick return game were mostly blocking, but also getting a guy who will not always look for the big return.
- He called Ted Larsen and A.Q. Shipley both "little refrigerators" for the way they are built.
- He mentioned Earl Watford and trying to find a role for him. Tight end or fullback are definite possibilities for him in some instances.
- Arians still wants to get Andre Ellington around 20 touches per game.
- How much the backup RB will play will depend on who has "the hot hand."
I will have more later as I go through my audio and then after we have practice this afternoon.