With the Arizona Cardinals playing the San Diego Chargers on Saturday in preseason game 2, it was time to get a preview show on. For our 80th Revenge of the Birds Radio show, I brought on fellow SB Nation writer and friend John Gennaro, who runs our Chargers site, Bolts From The Blue.
If I must say, it is a great show. You have to listen.
Here is some of what you will hear:
- The Chargers fan base is really pleased with the contract extension for quarterback Philip Rivers. They might not have a team they will be able to call their own, but they have a player they can. Rivers will now be able to retire a Charger when he is ready to do so and never have played for anyone else.
- The Chargers will see a lot of important players probably leave the team after the season.
- OLB Kyle Emmanuel might be the team's best draft pick in 30 years.
- Head coach Mike McCoy will begin to feel some heat if the team doesn't make it to the postseason and win.
- Gennaro has more optimism entering this season than he has since 2009.
- Melvin Gordon has been disappointing thus far.
You won't regret listening. You can hear it using the streaming player above or below, or you can download the show directly here for offline listening.