The Arizona Cardinals play today against the Chicago Bears in Chicago. Arizona wants to open the season 2-0, while the Bears hope to avoid an 0-2 start. Here are some facts about the game and some things you might take note of.
- If the Cardinals win, they will have opened the season 2-0 in three of the last four years. That had only happened in three of the previous 25 seasons for the team.
- Arizona is 17-4 against teams not in the NFC West under Bruce Arians
- Larry Fitzgerald needs only 50 receiving yards to move into the top 20 all-time in receiving yards.
- Fitz has had at least 100 receiving yards in his two other career games against the Bears.
- A Cardinals win would give quarterback Carson Palmer eight straight wins as a starter. It would be the first time a Cardinals quarterback had won that many in a row since 1948, when Ray Mailouf won 10 in a row.
- If Carson Palmer throws fro 300+ yards, he would be only the second in team history to throw for at least 300 in each of the first two games of the season. Charley Johnson also did it in 1965.
- Alex Okafor has a chance to become the first Cardinals player in history to have multiple sacks in each of the first two games of the season.