The Arizona Cardinals held a press conference to introduce new outside linebacker Chandler Jones to the media. Hi role, the acquisition of guard Evan Mathis and free agency in general were the topics of the questions.
Here are some notes from the presser you can watch above.
- The Cardinals like Jones' length, athleticism and youth. It isn't often one comes available.
- If they had known he was available earlier, they would have gone after him earlier. The trade took about three days.
- Jones is excited to be here. He will do whatever is asked of him. He was told he can be a leader as well. He knows the fans are loud and he wants to get a few sacks for them.
- Keim is also excited about Evan Mathis. Like watching Carson Palmer on film, he is a guy you get excited about. Mathis still has great feet and can play at the second level. He takes great care of himself.
- Jones doesn't really want to talk about the strange event from last season, reportedly having an issue with synthetic marijuana. He simply said it was a mistake.
- Keim likes how flexible Jones is. He can play multiple techniques.
- Jones isn't worried about his contract and won't think about it. Keim joked they could work it out right now.
- Mathis will play right guard. D.J. Humphries is expected to start at right tackle and at center it is A.Q. Shipley right now, with others in the mix.
- Keim is very excited the team as currently constituted, Would be excited to play with the team as it is right now.