The 2016 NFL Draft begins Thursday with the first round in prime time. Some people just watch it at home. Some people have draft parties. The Arizona Cardinals are hosting draft party at University of Phoenix Stadium.
Here are the details:
The Cardinals 2016 NFL Draft Party presented by Arizona Ford Dealers will take place on Thursday, April 28 on the Great Lawn at University of Phoenix Stadium from 4:30-9:00 p.m.
Admission and parking are both free. The Great Lawn opens at 4:30 p.m. and the draft begins at 5:00 p.m.
Fans can meet Cardinals players and coaches, team mascot Big Red and have the first opportunity to see the 2016 Cardinals Cheerleaders while watching live NFL Network coverage of the draft on giant video boards.
A special post-draft fireworks show will conclude the party following the completion of the first round.
Some of the other activities for fans offered at the draft party include:
- Kid's Interactive Zone featuring combine activities and inflatables
- Autographs: Cardinals players, coaches and cheerleaders will sign autographs and pose for pictures
- Entertainment options include a 200-foot zipline along with face painters and balloon artists for guests to enjoy
- Big Red Siren: Fans can take their picture on the Cardinals "Big Red Siren"
- Jr. Cheer Mini-Clinic: Girls ages 5-14 can take part in a free Jr. Cheer mini-clinic taught by members of the Cardinals Cheerleaders
Arizona Ford Dealers are giving away a two-year lease on a brand new 2016 Fusion. Fans can sign up for a chance to win at the Ford Vehicle display on the Great Lawn. The winner will be announced during the draft party.
Free parking will be available in the West (Orange) carpark at University of Phoenix Stadium.