We are 91 short days, just 13 weeks away from the Arizona Cardinals season opener against the New England Patriots.
The number 91 has some interesting history amongst the Arizona Cardinals as well, let’s take a look at the “91” stats with the Arizona Cardinals.
- Lamar McHan went 91/198 for 1,291 yards 12 touchdowns and 13 interceptions in 1958 season. He finished with a record of 1-7-1 at quarterback that year.
- Jim Hart in 1983 and Cliff Stoudt in 1986 each attempted 91 passes on the season. They combined to throw 7 touchdowns and 15 interceptions.
- Tom Tupa had a quarterback rating of 91.7 in 1988 while Ray Mallouf finished the 1948 season with a 91.2 quarterback rating. Both were punters and quarterbacks, wonder if this happens again for the Cardinals?
- Bert Johnson in 1939, Bobby Joe Conrad in 1960 and Michael Pittman in 1998 each had 91 yards rushing in a season.
- In 1987, JT Smith had 91 catches for 1117 yards and 8 touchdowns.
- Chester Taylor in 2011, Otis Anderson in 1986 and John Shirk in 1940 each finished with 91 yards receiving on the year. For Shirk and Taylor, they each finished their Cardinals career with 91 receiving yards.
- Running back JJ Arrington had 91 career receptions with the Arizona Cardinals, for 693 yards and two touchdowns.
- Michael Floyd’s career long reception is 91 yards, which occurred in 2013. Do you remember the game (Hint, they drafted Bruce Arians QB crush the next year)?
Now for the real question, who was the best Cardinal to wear 91?