There are 88 days until the Arizona Cardinals open the season, and there have only been four players since 1950 to wear the number 88 for the Cardinals, and I have heard of zero of them.
What are some other interesting "88" stats?
- J.V Cain, Fred Hyatt, Sonny Randle and Floyd Sagely all wore 88 for the Cardinals. These are all real people.
- Charli Trippi completed 88 passes in 1951.
- Neil Lomax had a quarterback rating of 88.5 in 1987 and made the Pro Bowl in the teams last year in St. Louis.
- Emilo Sitko in 1952 and Beanie Wells in 2012 each had 88 carries in a season.
- Bryant Johnson had 88 targets resulting in 46 catches and 528 yards and 2 touchdowns in 2007.
- Larry Fitzgerald has averaged 88 yards per game in two seasons, in 2005 and in 2011. He was a Pro Bowler in both seasons.
- Rashod Swinger had 88 career solo tackles from 1997 to 1999.
- Rashad Johnson had an 88 yard interception return for a touchdown in 2014. Do you remember what team it was against?