There are 82 days until the Arizona Cardinals open the season and that means there are some stats with the number 82. When you look at the Cardinals history with the number 82 it has some interesting information with it.
- Steve Beuerlein had a quarterback rating of 82.5 in 1993, he finished the year with 3164 yards 18 touchdowns and 17 interceptions.
- Jim Hart finished with an 82 quarterback rating in 1976. He finished the year with 2946 yards, 18 touchdowns and 13 interceptions. Hart made the Pro Bowl.
- Beuerlein only got seven starts the next year. Stats are weird without context.
- Neil Lomax's career quarterback rating was 82.7.
- Elmer Angsman had a career long 82 yard carry in 1949, it is still the second longest run in Cardinals history... Who holds the record for longest run?
- Larry Fitzgerald had 82 catches for 954 yards and 10 touchdowns in 2013.
- Sonny Randle averaged 82.7 yards per game in 1962. He finished the season with 63 receptions for 1158 yards and seven touchdowns.
- Billy Dewell's career long reception was 82 yards in 1946.
The numbers 82 has been through the ringer, but give me seven seasons of Mike Leach as the best. Cause I do not know enough about Bob Pollard or Earl Thomas.