There are only 78 days until the Arizona Cardinals kick off the regular season, and with that comes somefun stats involving the number 78. First though, the number 78 has some good players behind it withthe Cardinals, mostly solid role players, but good players none the less.
- Ron Yankowski, Luke Owens and Freddie Joe Nunn all wore 78.
- Drew Stanton's quarterback rating in 2014 was 78.7. Is Stanton a better quarterback than Kevin Kolbwas who never had a lower quarterback rating in a season with AZ, but never had as good of a record as Stanton's 5‐3? Wins or stats... What matters?
- Someone named Curly Hinchman had a quarterback rating of 78.1 in 1933. I have a lot of questionsabout this person... Gungus can probably give us some background.
- Matt Leinart's longest completion of his career was for 78 yards. It didn't even happen when he played alot either as it was in a game in 2008; it is crazy how football works.
- Ottis Anderson averaged 78.3 yards per game in 1984.
- Roy Green had 78 receptions in both 1983 and 1984 when we has a Pro Bowler and All Pro. In ‘83 hehad 1227 yards and 14 touchdowns, in ‘84 he had 1555 and 12 touchdowns.
- Joe Childress, Taz Anderson, MacArthur Lane and Willis Crenshaw all had career long receptions of 78yards. I put this in here because all of these names are interesting outside of Childress'.