There are now only 98 days -- 14 weeks until the Arizona Cardinals open up their season on Sunday Night Football against the New England Patriots. Continuing with our look at stats over the team's history, here are some that relate to the number 98.
- Receiver Larry Fitzgerald has exactly 98 touchdowns in his career.
- Receiver/returner MarTay Jenkins had a 98-yard kickoff return for a touchdown in 2000 in a 31-14 loss to the Minnesota Vikings.
- Running back Edgerrin James scored exactly 98 points in his time with the Arizona Cardinals -- 16 touchdowns and one two-point conversion.
- The longest pass play in team history is 98 yards -- accomplished three times. In 1938, Doug Russell connected with Gaynell Tinsley for a 98-yard touchdown pass. Then, in 1955, Ogden Compton hit Night Train Lane for a 98-yard touchdown pass. In 1972, Jim Hart threw a 98-yard pass to Ahmad Rashad. It was not a touchdown. He was one yard short.
- 1998 was the first postseason appearance for the Cardinals after moving to Arizona.
- David Boston had 98 receptions in 2001.
- This is a lack of a stat -- no player has ever had just 98 rushing attempts in a season. There is also no player for the Cardinals in franchise history to ever have exactly 98 rushing attempts as a member of the Cardinals
Can you think of or find any other "98" stats? Share them in the comments below.