The countdown to the season continues. There are 97 days until the Arizona Cardinals kick off their season on Sunday Night Football. That means we look at some stats in team history related to the No. 97.
Here are some for today:
- Steve Lach had 97 career rushing yards, all coming in 1942 on 30 rushing attempts.
- Three other players gained exactly 97 rushing yards in a season -- quarterback Tom Tupa in 1991 (on 28 carries), Vinnie Yablonski in 1949 (on 32 carries) and Jack Robbins in 1939 (on 38 attempts).
- Charley Trippi had 97 rushing attempts in 1953.
- Larry Fitzgerald and Rob Moore each had seasons with 97 receptions. Moore did it in 1997 and Fitz did it in 2009.
- Roy Green, who will enter the team's Ring of Honor this year, averaged 97.2 receiving yards per game in 1984.
- In 1938, Jack Robbins attempted 97 passes.
- Sonny Randle played 97 games for the Cardinals between 1959-1966.
That about covers it on my end. Can you think of any other '97' stats? Share in the comments below.