There are only 56 days until the Arizona Cardinals kickoff the 2016 season. It is now a little less sweet thanks to Tom Brady being suspended, but the Cardinals have to play the team in front of them.
What are some stats that go with 56? Who has worn 56 for the Cardinals?
Let's take a look.
- Ken Harvey was the best to wear 56 for an extended period of time. He went on to become a four time Pro Bowler with Washington. Amazing how bad the old Cardinals were with managing talent.
- Karlos Dansby had the best single season by a 56 in Cardinals history.
- Chike Okeafor wore 56 when he was the "big free agent signing" for the Cardinals. He finished his four year Cardinals career with 25 sacks. Which sadly is 13th all time in Cardinals history.
- LaMarr Woodley was the last Cardinals player to wear 56.
- During their Cardinals careers Matt Leinart, Jeff Blake, Jake Plummer, Brian Hoyer, Neil Lomax, Jim Hart, Gary Hogeboom, Boomer Esiason and Shaun King all had completion percentages of 56%. That's a huge chunk of Arizona based quarterbacks to go with Hart and Lomax.
Any other 56's?